Monday 24 January 2011

Another SOTW from Shimelle

Woop! It's time to share yet another sketch. This is Shimelle's sketch of the week, which you can find here.
I was sooooooo excited to see my sketch highlighted on her website this week, alongside some amazing pages! Thanks Shimelle!

So here is my take on this her sketch. We were able to show off some special paper! So i decided on this 'dear lizzy' sheet by American Crafts! Lush
I really wanted to draw a little something so sketched a few birds, then photographed it, forgetting to move my hand! But since my nails were looking nice for a change, thought I would leave it like that and it added some colour to an otherwise black and white picture.
Added some white stitching and some punched butterflies and stars to finish of the LO
I used a tutorial for making my own Studio Calico 'notion' which you can find here I'm really pleased with the way it turned out, so I will absolutely be trying this again, with maybe some patterned tissue paper or something!
Can't wait to see what everyone else does with the sketch x

7 comments:

  1. love this layout,colour combo is fab, love the slashes of red. thanks for lovely comments on my blog.

    whoo hoo another challenge/sketch to follow, love these too as it stretches me and encourages me to do new things

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful layout Jenna and wow at your bird drawing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna

    with regards to Studio Calico kits.....the postage can be a bit pricey, three of us got together when they had an offer on..........so we combined postage, kit with postage works out about £24.00, they are good but must admitted they use to be much better a couple of years ago.....as they were packed with scrummyness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your LO as well! And I'm impressed how the big part with the small hearts look like! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenna, thank you very much for your nice comments on my blog. I love how you do your photo collages and TKMaxx is definitely one of my favorite shops, although recently, there hasn't been much arrivals in our local one. I have picked up so many bargains there ! Lots of Making memories stuff. If you are looking for a good shop, have a look at Craftie Charlie, they are very reliable and quick.
    Take care

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful LO, love the way your nails add that lovely bit of colour to the picture and you are an amazing artist, I so can't draw

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wrote a comment and it had disappeared into the blogosphere! Here goes again....

    I love this LO Jenna. I would never have thought to create a LO around a handdrawn sketch like that. Such a great idea. And the drawing is fab too ;0) I was pleased as punch to get a photo link in Shimelle's round up this week too. I've been smiling all day ;0)

    What make are your glittery alphas on this LO? I think they're lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...