Sunday 13 February 2011

**Spaghetti face**

* Just finished off a couple of pages that were quite quick ones, as have had a busy weekend for a change. Both these layouts are left quite simple, so that the main focus can return to the photo/story on the page.
This is my LO for the Pencil Lines sketch which I love! The colours are quite bright and they show my little Taye, all covered in spaghetti sauce!
What is a LO without Thickers and Bunting? Is my style to predictable? I'm not sure...
The orange butterflies are cut from some left over xmas wrapping paper...love a bit of up-cycling.
This Lo is for Shimelle's SOTW which I totally love. This week had a little love theme going on.

I love flowers and I seem to change my favourite one all the time. At the moment, I absolutely love Tulip's and they are beautifully pink and don't make me sneeze! yay!

Here is my take on the sketch...(note the white background-haven't used it for ages)
Threaded some buttons with red twine and added them on top of the punched butterflies x

7 comments:

  1. Hello Jenna, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a kind comment!
    I like your version of the Shimelle sketch for the week. Amazing how one sketch can be interpreted in so many ways - yours is so different from mine, which is so different from Fay's and hers is different from Shimelle's etc etc...
    I love the journalling round the edge of the photo and the twine-threaded butterfly buttons are fab! And I never thought of inking the edges of my base/support cardstock before. It really gives it a little bit extra "something".
    Like the sparkly blue letters too... In fact, I think I really rather love the whole thing!

    The Spaghetti Face layout made me smile. We have photos of various family teenies, with spaghetti sauce, chocolate, ice-cream and gravy faces. There's a famous one of my baby gt. niece with hands, face and everywhere else covered in chocolate pudding! I must scrap it one day soon (I wonder if I still have a similar photo that was taken of her mummy in much the same state?... hmm...)

    Thanks for inspiration and interesting layouts to look at - it was nice to "see" you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous layout......loving Shimelle sketch, must have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the way you get right in there and write with your own handwriting! I'm a big fan of doing this too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna, i love your style! and how you use your tags. Gorgeous gorgeous layouts. Love the yellow with a splash of orange and tulips are one of my fave flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenna, thank you for your nice comments. I love looking at your blog as you give me ideas ! I made my last page after going on your blog and looking at shimelle's website !I have got lots of lovely flowers growing in the garden so as soon as we get a sunny day ( if we ever do !! ) I will be snapping away.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun page. Like the little pennant flags on the top one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your style! Thanks for joining us at Pencil Lines

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...